Dedicated to posts about geology as seen through my eyes as a geoscientist. I strive to cover topics such as popular geoscience news, pictures and descriptions of geologic adventures, and teaching geologic concepts using different media.

Monday, April 25, 2016

First post as a new blogger!

In this first blog post I thought I would discuss why I am starting this blog and what I hope to post. If you have read the "about me" section then you know that I have a doctorate in geology. My first job was in the oil and gas industry, but unfortunately with the huge downturn I was laid off. Although this is a difficult time for me, I also see this as an opportunity to try new things.

One of the new things I thought I would do is start a blog about geology where I can share my photos, discuss my thoughts, talk about new articles, or just post silly things. This blog has two purposes for me: 1) Give me a hobby as I wait for a new job opportunity to arise, and 2) more importantly allow me to refresh as well as expand my knowledge about the topic I love that is geology!

This blog page will likely change quite a bit in the beginning until I learn all the bells and whistles and ins and outs of blogging! I am excited to try something new and I hope that this page will lead to even more opportunities.




No comments:

Post a Comment